• Los Angeles Times
• Washington Post
• Food + Wine
• Eating Well
• MGM Studios
• Korean Culture magazine
• Asian Pacific American Journal
• Costco Connection (in Korea)
• Northstar Travel Media (Intelliguide.com)
• Whole Life Times
• kcities.com (a division of Netsperanto)
• Encyclopedia of Poetry
• Encyclopedia of American Sculpture
• Minority Engineer
• Quilting Almanac
• Woman Made Gallery
• TipWorld (a subsidiary of PCWorld.com)
• Author of QUICK AND EASY MEXICAN COOKING (Chronicle Books)
• Author of QUICK AND EASY KOREAN COOKING (Chronicle Books)
• Author of FROMMER'S SOUTH KOREA (Frommer's)
• Author of EATING KOREAN, a memoir cookbook (John Wiley and Sons)
• Wrote tag lines, DVD copy and collected reviews for various film projects.
• Provided script annotation, research and transcription services for TV, features and documentaries.
• Wrote and edited reviews, recipes, and articles for onlincommunity (kcities.com).
• Served as contributing editor for Suite101.com for 3 years
• Wrote a daily email newsletter for TipWorld.com, an affiliate of PCWorld.com
• Wrote articles, on such topics as art, film, travel, food, career, music, and books for both print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Food and Wine, Eating Well, the Washington Post, Northstar Travel Media, Spin, Kabang, Costco Connection, Travelbase, New2USA, Minority Engineer, Korean Culture Magazine, and Artwell.
• Click here for a publication history.
• Provided celebrity and event photography for Mohoganygirl.com
• Designed, edited and provided photographs for "Pieces of Me," a WriteGirl anthology
• Designed logo, menu, identity and look for an American diner in Paris, France.
• Coordinated and designed marketing and PR for "The Droplift Project."
• Designed "DeathSentences," an audio/visual book for Negativland.
• Designed poster, postcards, invitations, bookmarks, and other promo material for films.
• Contributed illustrations for children's stories, animations and logos for Globekids.com
Producer/Marketing Director – Bright Red Rocket
• Designed and created packaging, website, and other marketing material.
• Researched and contacted over 3000 publications for an animation DVD.
• Collected and edited reviews and quotes to be used for marketing.
• Created a product and company from the ground-up within 4 months.
• Wrote and disseminated press kits and press releases for products and various events.
Administrative Manager – WriteGirl 2002-2005
• Researched and wrote government, foundation and corporate grants, including budget projections and project
proposals, for a fledgling nonprofit organization
• Served as community liaison in recruiting volunteers, potential funders, foundations, board interactions, etc.
• Coordinated readings, mailings, fundraising campaigns, and donor development.
• Wrote press releases, created the press kit and coordinated PR activities.
• Created and upkept databases of members, donors, press, etc.
• Recruited and managed the volunteer pool of 120+ and over 70 teen girls.
• Collected content, edited, and coordinated design, printing and marketing strategies of publications.
• Wrote, edited and provided layout for WriteGirl's monthly newsletter.
Art/Marketing Director – Conwin, Inc. 2000 - 2001
• Created and implemented ongoing marketing plan for internet and print advertising.
• Designed and wrote company's 4-color catalog from conception to design and layout.
• Served as designer and webmistress of company's website (ConwinOnline.com).
• Designed booth layout, banners, posters, and displays for tradeshows.
• Provided all graphic design and writing needs of the company including brochures, press releases, posters, calendars, POP displays, and promotional materials.
Office Manager - Property Condition Assessments, LLC and Building Analytics 1996 - 1999
• Designed and produced all aspects of corporate identity including logos, brochures, web pages, letterheads, business cards.
• Managed operating details for the corporate office, including marketing campaigns, client gifts and advertising.
• Provided technical support for staff including troubleshooting, remote access, database management, and data storage.
• Designed, edited, proofread, and produced technical architectural/engineering reports.
• Designed and coordinated mailings, corporate gift-giving, and holiday cards.
• Assisted in the technical writing of contracts, budget estimation and project coordination.
• Illustrated site maps and drawings for numerous architectural sites.
• Produced proposals, contracts, budget estimation and timelines for potential projects.
• Developed marketing campaigns and company brochures for potential clientele.
• Proofread, typed, edited, and produced architectural and engineering reports.
• Managed and up-kept the corporate database.
• Assisted in the details of starting a new company from the ground up.
Advertising Coordinator - Prudential-Jon Douglas Co. (Coldwell Banker) 1995 - 1996
• Produced camera-ready ads for various print media, including layouts, editing, paste-up, proofreading and
overall design for weekly revolving deadlines.
• Developed marketing campaigns and produced graphic elements for agent advertising.
• Trained personnel in new procedures and formats.
• Scanned and cleaned photographs and other images for print advertising.
• Supervised advertising for the entire Westside region.
• Managed corporate database. Assisted in merging databases for two separate companies.
Display Coordinator – Homestead House 1993-1994
• Designed and coordinated floor lay-out and product display of high-end furniture and accessories for an entire showroom, including window displays and overall space design.
• Provided interior design services including drafting floor plans of clients' homes, fabric and upholstery selection, accessorization and overall design of residential spaces.
• Consolidated the contents of two 50,000-square-foot showrooms into one retail space.
Administrative Assistant – Los Angeles County Museum of Art 1993
• Prepared scheduling for various installation, de-installation, planning and status meetings for traveling and permanent exhibitions.
• Coordinated personnel needs including processing time cards, overtime and compensatory time requests, daily work schedules and performance evaluations.
• Created and processed trip itineraries, annual budget packages, exhibition scheduling and general personnel needs.
Staff Assistant – Museum of Photographic Arts 1992
• Helped create catalogs, invitations, funding mailings, public relations, and educational packets for exhibitions.
• Assisted in art preparation for exhibits including framing, painting, and hanging artworks.
• Drafted correspondences including portfolio reviews, membership information, artist coordination, and exhibition schedules.
• Researched artists, exhibitions and photographic information.
• Proofread copy for newsletters, catalogs, press releases and general correspondences
SKILLS & SOFTWARE
Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark Xpress,In Design, Pagemaker, Freehand, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, PageMill, GoLive, Flash, BB Edit, Bryce, Poser, Premiere, Media 100, Filemaker Pro, Donor Perfect, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, WordPerfect, some HTML and java script, Keynote, QuickBooks, Quicken (both Macintosh and Windows platforms)
Languages: Korean, Conversational Spanish
Typing: 80 to 90 wpm
• University of California, San Diego – Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts, Studio
• Seoul National University, Korea – Language Institute
• Instituto de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico
1999 - Present: Archive of Korean American Artists
1998 - Present: Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
2002 - 2005: WriteGirl, Mentor
2002 - 2004 Women in Photography International, Pro member
2001 - 2004: Independent Writers of Southern California (IWOSC)
2000 - 2001: Foundation for Artists’ Resources (FAR), Board Member
1997 - 1999: Artist Alliance of California
1996 - 1997: Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions
1993 - 1995: The Light Bringer Project
1993 - 1994: SITE, a Non-Profit Alternative Art Organization